Team Skylor 5k
When: Saturday July 22, 2017
Where: Sharon Woods Metro Park
Distance: 5K Run/Walk
Description: On February 27, 2014, Skylor was diagnosed with brain cancer and from that moment on, his motto in life was “Fear Motivates”. Fear motivates positivity – he lived each day making sure his life was better than it was yesterday. Fear motivates love – he continued to make sure people knew he loved them and that he was always there for them. He often said, “Love your life. Things could be a lot worse”. Fear motivates strength – despite his battle with cancer, he always pushed himself to be greater.
Skylor wasn’t only an amazing son and a wonderful big brother, he was a talented artist who had a passion for graffiti art. But, his passion didn’t stop there. He was a proud member of the Olentangy Marching Band, an active member of the Delaware County AFJROTC, volunteering his time to recruit members and helping the community. He also volunteered as an Assistant Coach for OYAA Jr. Drill Team, as well as volunteered with Habitat For Humanity during spring break his junior and senior years. He had a calling and he lived his life fulfilling it.
On October 30, 2016, Skylor lost his fight with cancer. During his battle, Skylor bravely and so gracefully provided hope, courage, strength, and love to so many. In honor of this wonderful young man who left us too soon, this race continues. Proceeds will be used to fund an annual scholarship to an Olentangy High School senior pursuing a college degree. A gifted graffiti artist and creative author, Skylor had hoped to attend college. We’re going to see to it that those dreams are passed on to many, many teenagers who follow in Skylor’s footsteps.
Pre-Race Packet Pickup
- Friday July 21 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- 535 Lakeview Plaza Blvd, Columbus
Race Day Schedule
- Race Day Registration Starts- 7:30 a.m.
- 5k Run/Walk – 8:30 a.m.
- Top 3 Overall Male and Female Winners
- Top Finisher Age Group: 19 and Under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- Youth Small, Medium, Large
- Adult Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large
RegistrationEnds June 30
- 5K (10 Years and Younger) – $10.00
- 5k (11 Years and Older) – $30.00
RegistrationEnds July 14
- 5K (10 Years and Younger) – $15.00
- 5k (11 Years and Older) – $35.00
RegistrationThru Race Day
- 5K (10 Years and Younger) – $20.00
- 5k (11 Years and Older) – $40.00